The Special Prosecution Office and the Institute of Forensic Medicine said that in Zubin Potok, in locations where there are suspected mass graves, based on preliminary assessments, skeletal remains have been identified that are suspected to belong to at least 23 individuals.
"Full identification will be made after the completion of forensic examinations and relevant procedures," the announcement said.
The acting Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, had previously stated that the mortal remains found in Kalludër e Vogël could belong to the group of 23 Albanians who disappeared in that part of Kosovo in 1999.
This group, known as the "group of intellectuals of Mitrovica", has been missing since April 19, 1999. Among them were doctors, professors, lawyers and other profiles.
The sister of Adem Adem - the doctor, who is among the missing members of this group - after the start of excavations in Zubin Potok said that she believes that members of her brother's group may be buried there.
"I tell myself, undoubtedly, 100 percent, that it is my brother's group, Adem Ademi. I think that after this, our souls will rest, we will have a grave where for a celebration, a birthday, an Eid, I will bring a bouquet of flowers and I will go and talk to him," said Lutfije Ademi - Vokshi.
Excavations in Zubin Potok began on July 28 and have taken place in Kalludër i Vogël, Jabukë and another location in this municipality, in northern Kosovo.
The excavations began after a two-year investigation into suspected war crimes.
On August 15, authorities announced that the skeletal remains of at least three people had been found in Kalludra.
The Kosovo Special Prosecution Office said that three people, JR, MJ and MB, are being investigated in this case, suspected of war crimes against the civilian population. All three are in custody. One of the arrested, according to the authorities, is suspected of having been an active member of the Yugoslav Army during the war.
According to the Institute for War Crimes in Kosovo, 1.577 people remain missing from the 1998-1999 war, while a total of 12.230 war victims have been documented.
Kosovo has repeatedly requested cooperation from Serbia to clarify the fate of missing persons and access to military archives that, according to authorities, could help identify the locations of possible graves.

Djukanovic gave Serbian BIA a clear overview of the situation in the north
Turkey unveils TUFAN naval kamikaze drone
Ukraine calls for urgent global response after Russia's 9-hour attack
Drone crashes in Romania during Russian attack on Ukraine, NATO scrambles planes
Weapons arsenal found around mass grave sites in Zubin-Potok in northern Kosovo
France investigates alleged Russian interference in presidential election